Thinking of what to cook and prepare for the New Year? Try this one – Rellenong Bangus.
You will need:
1 medium-sized bangus (milk fish), deboned, meat removed and set aside
1 medium-sized carrots cut into tiny cubes
1 can green peas, drained
2 medium-sized potato, cut into tiny cubes
1 pack raisins
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
After deboning the fish, marinade the skin in 2tbsp oyster sauce dissolved in 1cup water. Set aside while preparing the stuffing.
Cook the meat together with the bones until the meat turns white. Remove the bones.
Saute garlic and onion. Add the meat, carrots, green peas, raisins seasoned with salt and pepper. Let it cool at room temperature before stuffing.
Heat the pan (enough to carry the size of fish) before adding cooking oil, then fry the stuffed bangus until golden brown. Slice and serve with catsup or hot sauce.
1. Better to roll the stuffed fish in flour first before frying to prevent sticking on the pan.
2. Cooling the stuffing first will prevent damaging the skin of the fish since fish skin can be easily cooked in hot temperature making it fragile.
3. You may remove the potato since it will only serve as extender and try to replace it with 1/2 cup of ground meat.
4. You can do this a day in advance since it is really hard to prepare. You can wrapped this in aluminum foil and store in the fridge.
5. You may also add quail eggs as stuffing.
Enjoy your New Year!
|Stuffing (Sorry, I forgot to take photo os the finished product)|